Graduation - Japillow Graduation - Japillow

Woah. That's one GREAT loop. :)

Reminds me of Bibio and Floating Points.

I'd say the tempo is good, but soften it up a bit and add some variation. :)

((*-Atmosphere-*)) ((*-Atmosphere-*))

The minor bits in the middle kinda ruined the feel slightly, but other than that, I really enjoy it.

It might benefit you to listen to this guy's music for atmospheric ambience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ym0bs YK9CQ

[lumin essence - phobos] [lumin essence - phobos]

That sub-bass.

Great.

You could do another mix of this and it would work as drumfunk, too. :P

I'm sure you'll get into the show. Or else I'll go over there and make them.

v150r responds:

ha-ha, thanks :)

The Shepherd The Shepherd

When the drum beat kicks in, you should probably get rid of the symbols. It kinda kills the mood. xD

Other than that, it's really good. It reminds me of a Furi Anga song, sort of.

Nice stuff.

Keep it up,

Archangel-Briggs responds:

Thanks very much for the feedback. :)

Road to Love (WIP) Road to Love (WIP)

Now I'm convinced that, if you haven't already, you should be listening to BoC. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09cDh 0k9kI

Great work. It's a bit repetitive, and variation would be appreciated, as well as some unexpected pauses.

Other than that, I like it.

The Sound of Silence The Sound of Silence

Reminds me a lot of Quantic and RJD2's instrumentals.

Instrumentals always seem to lack something, especially if they're originally meant for lyrics.

Thus the missing half-star, but I can't pin it on you.

Great work, once again. :)

Lyndon's Daisy Lyndon's Daisy

I'm so glad I came to this piece after listening and reviewing industial ambient pieces that made my head pound. xD

It sounds very similar to Boards of Canada's voice samples in Music Has the Right to Children and Spheruleus, who does a lot of ambient soundtracks (many of them given out for free, so look him up if you're curious).

Great stuff. Keep making this stuff. :)

Quantum Entanglement Quantum Entanglement

This is actually much improved from your last composition, in my opinion.

It still does have some issues with the amount of noise coming through, because I always have trouble focusing on multiple sounds at once if they're all fighting to overtake each other. Make sure you have something leading the whole melody, especially if you're aiming for poly-rhythm, where at max you can only really have 3 melodies working with each other, or you'll have to cut down on any one bit so that it's all separated and easy to pay attention to.

I think that if I need to make an effort to listen to a song, no matter how good it is, something needs to calm down in the piece or find harmony.

I liked it. It's even better than the last piece. You just need to remember not to make it a contest of what should overtake the other. :)

An Eternity Without You An Eternity Without You

Good.

My criticism is not with the effects, but in the way you put them together. You're a talented artist and seem to know quite a bit about music, but remember that at a certain point, everything melds together and stops sounding unique, if you understand at all what I'm saying.

This video sort of shows what I'm talking about. It doesn't really matter what program you use, but it's helpful either way.

Blessed with Harmony Blessed with Harmony

I like the idea, but I think it might benefit you to get some reference on this one. The piano sounds a bit midi-ish, and you might be able to download some sound samples or something that might reduce that feel. The drums could be filtered out slightly more, to give that relaxing feel. And the tempo could get a bit slower.

That said, sounds good.

Now for the aforementioned reference that reminds me a lot of this piece. I know it may not immediately seem similar to this song, but it does have some key similarities that you can ponder about, especially in the beginning. And you can get some of what I was talking about with the drums. :)

Tipper - Ever Decreasing Circles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6edEt d9tnM

And may you ever find improvement in all that you do. I enjoyed this and see a lot of opportunity.

Indigorain responds:

Haha, thanks for the review, although I made this two years ago :P
I've improved quite a lot :P